THE VINEYARDS: Penedès terroir
- Grape varieties: Xarel.lo, Macabeu and Muscat.
- Region: D.O. Penedès. Sub region: Upper Penedès (Muscat) and Central Penedès (Xarel.lo and Macabeu).
- Altitude of the vineyards: 150m (Xarel.lo and Macabeu) and 250m (Muscat).
- Climate: mild Mediterranean.
- Annual rainfall: an average of 465 liters per square meter.
- Soil: clay and calcareous.
- Harvest: hand gathered to select the best grapes. The harvest starts at beginning of September with the Macabeu and the Muscat and it finishes in mid-September with the Xarel.lo.
- Pressing and must fermentation: pneumatic press. Musts selection, only the best juices will be for the Marta Violet elaboration.
Each variety of grapes fermented separately at a constant temperature of 16ºC in small stainless steel tanks.
- Blend: Xarel.lo, Macabeu and Muscat.
- Fermentation temperature: 15-16 ºC.
- Appearance: It presents a beautiful pale yellow color.
- Aroma: It’ s fresh with fruity and floral notes.
- Palate: It has a good balance with smooth palate and pleasant finish. Gastronomy: It’ s recommended for aperitif, assorted salads, pasta, rice and fish dishes. Enjoy anytime of the day.
- Tips: served cold, between 6ºC to 8ºC, in wine glass type, transparent, thin and without decoration.
Owner and winemaker