THE VINEYARDS: POBOLEDA, DOQ PRIORAT
- Grape varieties: Garnatxa and Samsó.
- Region: D.O.Q. Priorat.
- Sub region: Poboleda.
- Altitude of the vineyards: 380m.
- Climate: mild Mediterranean and continental hints.
- Annual rainfall: an average of 493 liters per square meter.
- Soil: Llicorella and argilocalcareous-calcareous.
- Harvest: hand gathered to select the best grapes. The harvest starts at mid-September with the Garnatxa and it finish at the end of September with the Samsó.
- Winemaking: Cold pre-fermentation maceration and gentle extraction by pigeage (punchdown) followed by a 20 days maceration during fermentation. After fermentation is complete, 4-6 months of ageing in a mix of 50/50 225 l new French and American oak barrels.
- Blend: Garnatxa and Samsó. Production Vintage 2020: 9.100 bottles
- Appearance: Sentiments 2020 presents a dark ruby red colour with hints of purple.
- Aroma: On the nose it presents an intense and fresh aroma of red fruits, toasted notes and hints of raisins.
- Palate: In the mouth it is well-rounded and pleasant with long and fresh aftertaste.
- Pairing: We recommend to serve it accompanying meats, roasts, stews, mushrooms and blue cheeses.
- Serving temperature: 14-16ºC. Decanting recommended.
Owner and winemaker