THE VINEYARDS: LA MORERA DE MONTSANT, DOQ PRIORAT
- Grape varieties: Garnatxa, Samsó and Syrah.
- Region: D.O.Q. Priorat.
- Sub region: La Morera del Montsant. Altitude of the vineyards: 400m.
- Climate: mild Mediterranean and continental hints.
- Annual rainfall: an average of 505 liters per square meter. Soil: Llicorella and argilocalcareous-calcareous.
- Harvest: hand gathered to select the best grapes. The harvest starts at 9th of October 2012.
- Winemaking: Cold pre-fermentation maceration and gentle extraction by pigeage (punchdown) followed by a 20 days maceration during fermentation. After fermentation is complete, 12 months of ageing in a mix of 50/50 225 l new French and American oak barrels.
- Blend: Garnatxa, Samsó and Syrah.
- Production Vintage 2012: 1012 bottles.
- Appearance: Sentiments 2012 is a very complex wine. It presents an intense ruby colour.
- Aroma: On the nose is rich, with dark black fruits (plums), toasty and balsamic notes, tobacco leaf and leather notes in an interesting bouquet.
- Palate: In the palate, it is a medium body wine, with good fruit concentration (black fruit again). It displays spice and herbal notes in the mouth, as the wine opens and develops, which makes it very appetizing and a wine to discover with patience. In the mouth it is well- rounded and pleasant with long and fresh aftertaste.
- Pairing: We recommend to serve it accompanying meats, roasts, stews, mushrooms and blue cheeses.
- Serving temperature: 14-16ºC. Decanting recommended. It will age well in bottle for the next 2-3 years.
Owner and winemaker