THE VINEYARD: ELS GUIAMENTS, DO MONTSANT
- Grape varieties: Red Grenache.
- Region: D.O. Montsant.
- Sub region: Els Guiamets.
- Altitude of the vineyards: 280m (Red Grenache).
- Climate: mild Mediterranean and continental hints.
- Annual rainfall: an average of 525 liters per square meter.
- Soil: argilocalcareous-calcareous, llicorella and limestone soils.
- Harvest: hand gathered to select the best grapes. The harvest starts at mid-September.
- Winemaking: Cold pre-fermentation maceration and gentle extraction by pigeage (punchdown) followed by a 45 day maceration during fermentation. After fermentation is complete, 9 months of ageing in 225L and 2nd year French and American oak barrels.
- Blend: Garnatxa.
- Production Vintage 2020: 3.000 bottles.
- Appearance: Siana Red Grenache 2020 presents a purplish colour with violet tones. Aroma: On the nose it presents an intense and elegant aroma of ripe red fruit and jam, with hints of anise, delicate touches of new oak and mineral notes.
- Palate: In the mouth is well-rounded, pleasant, lingering and powerful. Long finish which brings out its special spicy character.
- Gastronomy: Recommended with any white or red meats (fowl, wild game, stews, roast lamb, beef…), with stewed legumes and cured and blue cheeses.
- Serving temperature: 14-16ºC. Decanting recommended.
Owner and winemaker