VINEYARDS: PENEDÈS TERROIR
- Grape varieties: Tempranillo & Syrah.
- Region: D.O. Penedès. Sub region: Central Penedès (Tempranillo & Syrah).
- Altitude of the vineyards: 180m (Tempranillo) and 380m (Syrah).
- Climate: mild Mediterranean.
- Annual rainfall: an average of 465 liters per square meter.
- Soil: clay and calcareous.
- Harvest: hand gathered to select the best grapes. The harvest was at beginning of September.
- Winemaking: Cold pre-fermentation maceration and gentle extraction by pigeage (punchdown) followed by a 20 days maceration during fermentation. After fermentation is complete, 3 months of ageing in 225L French oak barrels.
- Blend: Tempranillo 70% and Syrah 30%.
- Fermentation temperature: 15-16 ºC.
- Appearance: It presents a beautiful purplish color with violet tones.
- Aroma: It’s fresh and it presents an intense and elegant aroma of ripe red fruit and jam, with hints of species, delicate touches of new oak and licorice.
- Palate: In the mouth is well-rounded, pleasant with a soft sweetness. Long finish which brings out its special fruity character.
- Gastronomy: It’s recommended for aperitif, pasta, rice, meat, cheese and chocolate. Enjoy anytime of the day.
- Tips: served cold, between 14ºC to 16ºC, in wine glass type, transparent, thin and without decoration.