THE VINEYARDS: Penedès terroir
- Grape varieties: Xarel.lo, Macabeu, Parellada and Garnatxa.
- Region: D.O. Cava.
- Sub region: Central Penedes (Macabeu, Xarel.lo and Garnatxa) and Upper Penedés (Parellada).
- Altitude of the vineyards: 110m (Xarel.lo) 250m (Macabeu and Garnatxa) and 320m (Parellada). Climate: mild Mediterranean.
- Annual rainfall: an average of 515 litres per square metre.
- Soil: clay and calcareous.
1st FERMENTATION: must to base wine
- Harvest: hand gathered to select the best grapes in September when each variety is at its peak of maturation.
- Pressing and must fermentation: musts selection, only the best juices will be for the Mont Paral Vintage elaboration. Each variety of grapes fermented separately at a constant temperature of 16ºC in stainless steel tanks.
2nd FERMENTATION: base wine to Reserva Vintage Cava
- The base wine blending: 40% Xarel.lo, 35% Macabeu, 20% Parellada and 5% Garnatxa.
- Fermentation temperature: 15-18 ºC.
- Ageing period: for more than 24 months. Vintage dated each year.
- Sugar added: 7 g/L Brut.
- Appearance: delicate pale rosé colour with fine persistent bubbles.
- Aroma: fresh, floral, ripened red fruits with slightly nutty nose.
- Palate: perfectly balanced, delicate, pleasant with long and clean finish.
- Gastronomy: recommended for aperitif or combined with pasta, rice, blue fish, well-seasoned white meat and red meat stews.
- Tips: served cold, between 6ºC to 8ºC, in flute glass type, transparent, tall, thin and without decoration.
Owner and winemaker