VINEYARDS: Penedes terroir. Old vines.
- Grape varieties: Xarel.lo, Macabeu and Parellada.
- Region: D.O. Cava. Sub region: Upper Penedes (Parellada) and Central Penedes (Xarel.lo and Macabeu).
- Altitude of the vineyards: 110m (Xarel.lo), 250m (Macabeu) and 315m (Parellada).
- Climate: mild Mediterranean.
- Annual rainfall: an average of 465 litres per square metre.
- Soil: clay and calcareous.
1st FERMENTATION: must to base wine
- Harvest: hand gathered to select the best grapes in September when each variety is at its peak of maturation.
- Pressing and must fermentation: pneumatic press. Musts selection, only the best juices will be for the Marta Gran Reserva elaboration. Each variety of grapes fermented separately at a constant temperature of 16ºC in stainless steel tanks.
2nd FERMENTATION: base wine to cava Gran Reserva
- The base wine blending: Xarel.lo 40%, Macabeu 40%, Parellada 20%.
- Fermentation temperature: 15-18 ºC.
- Ageing period: for more than 48 months. Vintage dated each year. Sugar added: 0 g/L Brut nature.
- Appearance: brilliant straw yellow colour with rich golden hints. Aroma: intense aroma of white fruit and stone fruit with developed nutty notes.
- Palate: the palate has fine texture and an elegant balancing acidity. It has a dry, pure and harmonious aftertaste. The prolonged ageing in the cellars gives in the ripeness needed to round up all its qualities.
- Gastronomy: recommended to accompany fine cuisine dishes or for drinking at any time of day.
- Tips: served cold, between 6ºC to 8ºC, in flute glass type, transparent, tall, thin and without decoration.
Owner and winemaker