THE VINEYARDS: Penedès terroir
- Grape varieties: Garnatxa and Pinoit noir.
- Region: D.O. Cava. Sub region: Central Penedès (Garnatxa) and Upper Penedés (Pinot noir).
- Altitude of the vineyards: 250m (Garnatxa) and 310m (Pinot noir).
- Climate: mild Mediterranean.
- Annual rainfall: an average of 515 litres per square metre.
- Soil: clay and calcareous.
1st FERMENTATION: must to base wine
- Harvest: hand gathered to select the best grapes at the end of August the Pinot noir and at the end of September the Garnatxa, when each variety is at its peak of maturation.
- Pressing and must fermentation: pneumatic press. Press maceration during 12 hours. Musts selection, only the best juices will be for the Ramon Canals Reserva Rosé Vintage elaboration.
Each variety of grapes fermented separately at a constant temperature of 15-16ºC in stainless steel tanks.
2nd FERMENTATION: base wine to cava Reserva
- The base wine blending: 50% Garnatxa and 50% Pìnot noir.
- Fermentation temperature: 15-18 ºC.
- Ageing period: for more than 24 months on lees. Vintage dated each year. Recently disgorged (RD). Sugar added: 6 g/L Brut.
- Production: 15.000 bottles.
- Appearance: presents a deep red-coloured cava with fine and persistent bubbles.
- Aroma: fresh, floral, ripened red fruits with slightly nutty nose.
- Palate: perfectly balanced, full-bodied, pleasant with long and clean finish.
- Gastronomy: recommended for aperitif or combined with pasta, rice, blue fish, well-seasoned white meat and red meat stews.
- Tips: served cold, between 6ºC to 8ºC, in tulip glass type, transparent, tall, thin and without decoration.
Owner and oenologist