THE VINEYARDS: Penedès terroir
- Grape varieties: Xarel.lo, Macabeu and Parellada. Region: D.O. Cava. Sub region: Upper Penedès (Parellada) and Central Penedes (Xarel.lo and Macabeu). Altitude of the vineyards: 110m (Xarel.lo), 250m (Macabeu) and 315m (Parellada).
- Climate: mild Mediterranean.
- Annual rainfall: an average of 465 litres per square metre.
- Soil: clay and calcareous.
1st FERMENTATION: must to base wine
- Harvest: hand gathered to select the best grapes between September and October when each variety is at its peak of maturation.
- Pressing and must fermentation: pneumatic press. Musts selection, only the best juices will be for the Ramon Canals Reserva Numerada Vintage elaboration. Each variety of grapes fermented separately at a constant temperature of 16ºC in stainless steel tanks.
2nd FERMENTATION: base wine to cava Reserva
- The base wine blending: Xarel.lo 50, Macabeu 25%, Parellada 25%.
- Fermentation temperature: 15-18 ºC.
- Ageing period: for more than 24 months on lees. Vintage dated each year. Recently disgorged. Sugar added: 6 g/L Brut.
- Appearance: presents a pale yellow coloured cava with fine and persistent bubbles.
- Aroma: intense aroma with fruity hints and gentle notes of ageing.
- Palate: fresh, silky, slightly sweet and very round palate. Gastronomy: recommended for assorted salads, pasta, rice and fish dishes.
- Tips: served cold, between 6ºC to 8ºC, in tulip glass type, transparent, tall, thin and without decoration.
Owner and oenologist