THE VINEYARDS: Penedès terroir
- Grape varieties: Xarel.lo, Parellada and Macabeu.
- Region: D.O. Cava.
- Sub region: Upper Penedes (Parellada) and Central Penedes (Xarel.lo and Macabeu).
- Altitude of the vineyards: 110m (Xarel.lo), 250m (Macabeu)
- Climate: mild Mediterranean.
- Annual rainfall: an average of 465 litres per square metre. Soil: clay and calcareous.
1st FERMENTATION: must to base wine
- Harvest: hand gathered to select the best grapes. Between September and October when each variety is at its peak of maturation.
- Pressing and must fermentation: pneumatic press. Musts selection, only the best juices will be for the Clàssic Vintage 2015 elaboration.
Each variety of grapes fermented separately at a constant temperature of 16ºC in stainless steel tanks.
2nd FERMENTATION: base wine to Vintage cava
- The base wine blending: Xarel.lo 35%, Parellada 35% and Macabeu 30%.
- Bottling period: January-March.
- Fermentation temperature: 15-18ºC.
- Ageing period: for more than 12 months. Sugar added: Brut 6 g/L.
- Appearance: Clàssic Vintage presents a pale yellow coloured cava with fine and persistent bubbles.
- Aroma: intense aroma white fruit and citrus with white floral hints.
- Palate: fresh, fruity, round with a fine balance. Gastronomy: recommended for assorted salads, pasta, rice, sushi, fish dishes and to pour by glass.
- Tips: served cold, between 6ºC to 8ºC, in tulip glass type, transparent, tall, thin and without decoration.
Owner and winemaker