VINEYARDS: Penedès terroir
- Grape varieties: Xarel.lo, Macabeu, Parellada and Chardonnay.
- Region: D.O. Cava. Sub region: Upper Penedès (Parellada and Chardonnay) and Central Penedès (Xarel.lo and Macabeu).
- Altitude of the vineyards: 110m (Xarel.lo), 250m (Macabeu) and 315m (Parellada and Chardonnay). Climate: mild Mediterranean.
- Annual rainfall: an average of 465 litres per square metre. Soil: clay and calcareous.
1st FERMENTATION: must to base wine
- Harvest: hand gathered to select the best grapes. Between September and October when each variety is at its peak of maturation.
- Pressing and must fermentation: pneumatic press. Musts selection, only the best juices will be for the Duran Gran Reserva elaboration.
Each variety of grapes fermented separately at a constant temperature of 16oc in stainless steel tanks.
2nd FERMENTATION: base wine to Gran Reserva cava
- The base wine blending: Xarel.lo 35%, Macabeu 20%, Parellada 20% and Chardonnay 25%.
- Bottling period: February-March.
- Fermentation temperature: 15-18 ºC.
- Ageing period: for more than 36 months. Vintage dated each year.
- Production: 19.672 bottles.
- Appearance: presents a yellow pale colour with fine and persistent bubbles.
- Aroma: fresh, ripened fruits, creamy citrus notes with slightly nutty nose.
- Palate: perfectly balanced, pleasant with long and clean finish.
- Gastronomy: recommended for aperitifs, fish dishes, oysters and shellfish. Enjoy at any time of the day.
- Tips: served cold, between 6oC to 8oC, in tulip glass type, transparent, tall, thin and without decoration.
Owner and oenologist