VINEYARDS: Penedès terroir
- Grape varieties: Xarel.lo, Macabeu, Parellada, Chardonnay and Pinot noir.
- Region: D.O. Cava. Sub region: High Penedès (Parellada, Chardonnay and Pinot noir) and Central Penedès (Xarel.lo and Macabeu).
- Attitude of the vineyards: 110m (Xarel.lo), 250m (Macabeu) and 315m (Parellada, Chardonnay and Pinot noir).
- Climate: mild Mediterranean.
- Annual rainfall: an average of 465 l/m2.
- Soil: clay and calcareous.
1st FERMENTATION: must to base wine
- Harvest: hand gathered. At the end of August the Chardonnay and Pinot noir, at the beginning of September the Macabeu, at the end of September the Xarel.lo and at the beginning of October the Parellada.
- Pressing and must fermentation: pneumatic press. Musts seleccion, only the best juices will be for the Duran elaboration.
Individually fermentation of each grape variety at a constant temperature of 16ºc in stainless steel tanks, except the Chardonnay that ferments in Allier oak French barrel.
2nd FERMENTATION: base wine to Gran Reserve cava
- Blending of the base wine: Xarel.lo, Macabeu, Parellada, Chardonnay and Pinot noir.
- Bottling period: January 2015.
- Fermentation temperature: 15-18 oC.
- Ageing: for more than 48 months. Production vintage 2014: 3.210 bottles.
TASTING NOTES AND FOOD AFFINITIES
- Appearance: presents a yellow pale colour with fine and persistent bubbles.
- Aroma: fresh, ripened tropical fruits, vainilla, anise, cinnamon and creamy and toasty notes.
- Palate: perfectly balanced, delicate, elegant with long and creamy finish.
- Gastronomy: recommended for aperitifs and fine cousine dishes. Enjoy at any time of the day by glasses.
- Tips: served cold, between 6ºC to 8ºC, in tulip glass type, transparent, tall, thin and without decoration.
Owner and sparklingwinemaker